Mungo Jerry


You know sometimes when you sing a song for years and years and find out you've been belting out the wrong words when you are alone in the car? That just happened to me. 

In the summer time when the weather is high
You can chase right up and touch the sky,
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind.
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find.

Im not even going to tell you what i thought the words were, but in my mind that song included something about brushing your teeth and reaching up high over here and over there.
I WOULD like to bring up the last verse with you - "Have a drink, have a drive" Um, Is this mungo jerry character kidding? 

A good friend of mine Jay Quirk sent me some photos of spring day trip to some fancy 
pant secret place which looks to me like a hay fever sufferers worst nightmare.
After being my bondi neighbour for many years, he split town and now calls stockholm, 
well, holm. 
In his email to me he said; heres a little afternoon at this lovely island in sthlm in spring. And I though to my self, where the bloody hell is sthlm? so i googled it. 
Turns out its just short for Stockholm.  It was one of those moments when you think, god im an idiot, glad no one was around to see that one. 
 Kinda like when you realise you've been singing the wrong words to your favourite song.. Just like my friend in high school who used to sing along to ricky martins la vida loca, 
or as she sang it -  "Livin the midnight loafer"





Comments

Popular Posts